What You Will Need
Review our helpful checklist before starting your online application.
If you are ready to apply to the UT Full-Time MBA Program, it is time to start assembling everything you will need to begin the online application. As you complete each step in the application process, carefully review the instructions. The UT Full-Time MBA Admissions Committee only will consider your application when all sections are fully completed and all required materials are received.
NOTE: Admission to the UT Full-Time MBA program is extremely competitive. Applications are accepted for fall semester only.The application deadline international student is February 15. We encourage you to be as detailed, specific and thorough as possible as you complete your application.
UT Full-Time MBA Program Application Checklist
Recommended Coursework: Before applying or while awaiting the admissions committee's decision, applicants who earned non-business undergraduate degrees are encouraged to take one or all of the following courses: accounting, finance and/or statistics.
- Personal Information: Before starting your online application, gather the following information:
- Education and employment history, including dates, addresses, and contact information (address, phone, fax, and e-mail)
- Recommender information including the name, title, company/organization, and email/phone number for two recommendations (dual degree MBA programs with AgEcon, Business Analytics, and Engineering require a third recommendation) NOTE: The admissions committee will contact recommenders directly via email to request the online recommendations, so request permission before including a recommender's name and contact information on your application.
- Fee: A $60 non-refundable application fee is required when you submit your online application. Payment should be made in US dollars either by credit or debit card, or eCheck. Your graduate school application will not be processed until this fee is paid.
- Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts from all institutions you attended should be submitted with your electronic application. (An official transcript will be required if you are admitted.) You do not need to upload a copy of a University of Tennessee, Knoxville transcript. Follow the instructions in the Academic History section of the Online Application.
Admissions Test Options and Exemptions: An admissions test, either the GMAT or the GRE, is required. However, applicants who have at least 10 years of full-time professional work experience and an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher as well as veterans may request in writing for exemption consideration from this requirement. Send your GMAT or GRE exemption request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your resume and unofficial transcript. (Candidates for the MBA/MS dual degree program with the College of Engineering must take the GRE. No exemption consideration is available for the MBA/MS in Engineering nor the MBA/MS in Business Analytics programs.)
- GMAT Score Report: If you took the GMAT but did not list the UT MBA Program as an official score recipient on your Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) exam, contact PearsonVUE to have your score report sent directly to UT. The UT MBA school identification code is 8GR-KN-71. Only scores from GMAT tests taken within the past five years are acceptable.
- GRE Score Report: If you took the GRE but did not list UT as an official score recipient on your Graduate Record Exam (GRE) exam, contact ETS. The UT school identification code is 1843. Only scores from GRE tests taken within the past five years are acceptable, and scores should be sent directly from ETS to the UT Office of Graduate Studies.
- TOEFL Score Report: If your native language is not English, then the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores are required and must be provided directly by ETS (Educational Testing Service) to the UT Office of Graduate Studies. The MBA Program requires a minimum score of 600 or 100 IBT for the TOEFL or 7.5 for the IELTS. The UT school identification code is 1843. Scores are valid for two years.
- Interviews: If you wish to make an appointment with a staff member to discuss our program or your credentials, please contact us at email@example.com. Although evaluative interviews are not required, they are strongly encouraged.
UT Graduate School Online Application: Once you have reviewed/addressed all of the information in steps 1-8, you are ready to begin your online application. To apply to the UT MBA Program, you only need to complete the UT Graduate School Application, including the required essays. No additional application is required. When prompted, choose Business Administration as the degree/concentration.
MBA Program Office~ 504 Haslam Business Building ~ Knoxville, TN ~ 37996 - 4150
Phone: 865-974-5033 ~ Fax: 865-974-3826 ~ Email:MBA@utk.edu