What Sets Us Apart?
Learn. Transform. Lead.
If your goal is simply to add an MBA to your resume, then there are hundreds of programs from which to choose. But if your goal is to learn in challenging classes that expand your knowledge and skill set; to transform by growing in multiple, meaningful ways; and to graduate with the hard and soft skills needed to lead within any organization, then earning a cookie-cutter MBA is not enough. You deserve to be part of a dynamic program that can truly change your life. That is what we offer, and that is what sets us apart.
“I was at a crossroads in my career. I woke up one morning and realized that I didn't want my boss's job and I didn't want his boss's job either. I wanted something different and believed that earning a Full-Time MBA at the University of Tennessee would be a career changing opportunity. I believe my success at Nike is definitely due to the skill and confidence I built in the MBA program. The lessons learned at UT come into play almost every single day.”
UT MBA Supply Chain Management
NLS Training Manager and Coach
Your Top 10 Reasons to Choose UT:
- Accelerated program: Save time and money by earning your MBA in only 17 months.
- Team-based, cross-functional curriculum: Pursue an MBA degree with in-depth study in one of our six areas of concentration, or design a custom concentration that fits your career goals. Work with multiple, diverse teams to build leadership skills and expand your knowledge.
- Applied learning: Use business skills to analyze and solve real-world problems. Participate in consulting engagements in diverse organizations. Gain hands-on professional experience through a required summer internship. Present business solutions during team-based case competitions, and much more.
- Global business experience: Develop a clear understanding of the global business environment through classes, the mini-term Global Business Seminar (which includes international travel), and the Global Business Strategy Capstone course.
- Leading-edge forums: Participate in world-class forums connecting you to corporate leaders and professors. You learn about key companies’ strategies, gain practical ideas, and network with potential employers, many of whom are actively recruiting UT MBA students.
- Bloomberg Professional Certification: UT’s Masters Investment Learning Center (Masters ILC) provides Bloomberg terminals, detailed instruction manuals, and live support from Bloomberg Certified Financial Data Assistants. By earning a Bloomberg Acknowledgement in Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, and/or Commodities, you will graduate with the competitive technical and financial technology skills corporate recruiters expect from top job candidates.
- Professional networking: Build confidence, connections, and a competitive edge through conferences, industry boot camps, executive speaker series, and alumni mentoring programs.
- Student clubs and organizations: Develop leadership skills, meet new people, and network with peers and professionals by participating in the Tennessee Organization of MBAs (TOMBA), National Association of Women MBAs (NAWMBA), Consulting Club, Torch Fund, or one of the other dynamic organizations geared toward MBA students.
- Career support: Expanding your career opportunities is one of the primary reasons you are looking at MBA programs. We are here to help you while you’re a student, after graduation, and for a lifetime. Our career support services include job and internship fairs, preparing a winning resume, participating in mock interviews, and conducting an effective job search.
- Living in Knoxville: Affordable housing, a low cost of living, and access to bountiful outdoor recreational opportunities (Great Smoky Mountains National Park is less than an hour away) make Knoxville a smart choice for MBA students. Places Rated Almanac recently ranked Metropolitan Knoxville the “best place to live in the United States and Canada” among cities with a population of fewer than one million, and Forbes.com named Knoxville as one of its “best mid-size cities for jobs.”
MBA Program Office~ 504 Haslam Business Building ~ Knoxville, TN ~ 37996 - 4150
Phone: 865-974-5033 ~ Fax: 865-974-3826 ~ Email:MBA@utk.edu